Apple’s September Event, which completed on September 12th, 2017, was much awaited for almost each of us. With tons of expectations related to iPhone, iPhone X, Watch, TV and its retail market, its keynote releases were surely not the things to miss. However, if you’ve missed them already and 2 hours of video coverage looks time-taking to watch, you can walk-through the whole event just by reading the event’s updates here.
The Musical Opening
It opens up with the people walking around the latest Steve Jobs Theatre and ‘Love is all you Need’ playing in the background, to tell you that Apple’s music collection is always perfect. Just to acknowledge – this song was taken from an album of ‘The Beatles’, which was the favorite music band of Steve Jobs.
Steve Again – Clear, Loud and Impressive!
Event apparently had the presence of its co-founder Steve Jobs, whose voice started the grand event in ‘Steve Jobs Theatre’. Telling the people that biggest appreciation for any human is to make something wonderful for the rest of humanity.
Tim Cook Entered
The well-choreographed show finally got kick-started with the CEO Tim Cook entering the stage. “It’s only fitting that Steve open his theatre”, he said in a cracking voice.
Cook talked about Steve’s vision for the future of Apple’s Products and world. He talked about how passionate Steve was about building a community where engineers and designers could all be together, collaborating on the next generations of Apple products and creating a better world for everyone.
Apple Park – The Dream Home of Apple is here!
Cook talked about Apple Park, where 9 thousand trees are lined up to cover a vast transparent glass building, creating a great balance of nature and technology. Sprawled in 175 acres, it is completed powered by renewable energy and has world’s largest on-site solar installation. As per Cook, it’s built to “Bring the Outside In”.
Angela Ahrendts Talked about the New Range of Apple Stores
You won’t call the Apple’s flagship stores ‘Store’ as of now. They are ‘Town Squares’.
Angela, The Senior Vice-President of Apple’s Retail, talked about many future plans and latest establishments of the company.
– Now, the stores will have special boardrooms for the app developers and entrepreneur where they can work together to come up with better ideas.
– Visitor Center of Apple is now open for everyone and has Augmented Reality enabled to enhance the viewing experience.
– The company is redesigning and opening many new retail and flagship stores in multiple locations.
– She also introduced the people to multiple new photography and app development training programs available for the customers.
Time to Show off the Apple Watch
Finally, the products!
You were waiting for them specially, right?
Good news is Apple’s Watch has now taken over Rolex.
It started with the talks related to Apple’s Watch Series 3, after the song ‘Invincible’ played. Jeff Williams declared the few features and updates of Apple Watch, as enlisted:
Iwatch will now be able to efficiently detect Atrial Fibrillation by monitoring the rhythm of your heart.
– The new Heart Rate App will now be accessible from Watch’s Face itself. Resting and Recovery heart rate will be calculated on daily basis.
– You will get the notification if it finds unusually high of low heart rate.
– Siri went talkative on Watch also.
– You don’t need your phone for playing music or for calls anymore. Also, the WeChat and Maps can be used directly from the Watch.
– Apple music gives the users access to 40 Million songs.
– The ceramic gray version and stylish sports straps were some more highlights of the Water Series 3 Demonstration.
So, finally the Apple’s Watch has got the cellular connectivity in-built and you are free to walk without your phone.
The Series 3 Watches are approximately same size as that of the predecessor Series 2 watches. Only, the rear panel is made 0.25mm thicker. 4G Watch’s screen acts as the antenna while electronic card is used instead of normal SIM card. [So, now you know how they maintained the same size of the product.]
They demonstrated how well the cellular networks works – in the middle of a lake and it went on pretty well.
Watch Price and Release Date
– With better fitness tracking features and cellular capabilities, the latest version of Series 3 Watch will cost you $399.
– If you are thinking to buy the non-cellular version of the same watch, it is available for $329. Apart from this, Series 1 Watches can be purchased at $249.
– Apple will be launching watchOS 4 on 19th September and the Series 3 Watches will be launched by 22nd September.
Improvements in Apple TV
The 4K Graphics of Apple TV is all set to improve the cinematic experience for your homes. It means you will be able to view 4 times better video/image quality than the High-Definition Television.
The updates, which grabbed attention during the Apple Event, are:
– You will not have to pay any additional charge for the already-purchased movies as your movies will automatically upgrade to 4K or HDR version for 4K TV.
– The price of the new movies will be same as of the HD Version of the movie in iTunes store.
– The games, obviously, now have better feel on the Apple TV due to better visuals. You can also play these games on iPod or iPhone.
– The 32GB version of Apple TV will be sold at $179 while the 62GB variant is for $199.
The Glorious History of iPhones
Tim Cook takes the audience back in Apple’s history of iPhones. From the release of first iPhone device to the iPhone 7, the evolution of these phones is nothing less than a fairytale. After that, the event proceeded to the latest iPhone devices and feature updates for the older versions.
The latest design features of this classy product range are –
– 7-layer advanced color processing mechanism for enhanced user experience
– Glass-made back body of phone, reinforced by steel to increase the durability.
– Aerospace-grade aluminum and 50% deeper strengthening layer to make the iPhone stronger than ever.
iPhone 8 and 8S– Everything you should know!
Phil Schiller came forward to enlighten the characteristics of iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. It will have the iOS 11, launching on 19th September. Available in black, golden and space gray, this smartphone has got tremendous features.
The list of its features includes:
The latest A11 Bionic processor and Graphical Processing Unit will work collaboratively to improve it from inside-out.
A11 will make the phone work fast and better as the processor is improved. On the other hand, enhanced GPU will result in bettered picture quality.
The AR technology is going to change the world and Apple, being a forward player, does not want to lag behind for sure. Multiple augment reality games are there in the iTunes Store as of now. Multiplayer games were demonstrated at the event, where users can play together by pointing their phones on a common surface. Interestingly, it also allows the players to use their physical world position.
HD Retina Display
The True Tone Technology is enabled in the iPhone 8 to increase the color accuracy. Through this, your phone will be able to adopt the colors as per the surroundings. Cinema-wide color gamut and 3D touch are some other exciting features.
The new camera has a 12 MP sensor, which is able to process a wider range of colors. This all-new sensor utilizes deeper pixels and advanced color filters, along with optical image stabilization.
Lighting Effect for Portrait Mode
The dynamically changeable setting, which allows changing the light effect, while taking the shot is now applicable. Additionally, changing the light effects after taking the picture is also doable.
The latest iPhone models support wireless charging, which is the reason why glass backs are used on the phone. Qi standard is adopted for that.
The iPhone 8 has a powerful battery, which is surely going to last 2 hours longer than iPhone 7.
Pricing of iPhone 8
The 64GB version of iPhone 8 will be available from 22nd September. Its cost starts from $699. On the other hand, price for iPhone 8 Plus starts from $799.
To start with, ‘X’ stands for ‘Ten’, as Cook confirmed about this super-expensive phone. Some specialties of iPhone X are:
– It has an OLED Display, which is edge-to-edge and has highest pixel density.
– To your surprise, there is no Home Button in iPhone X. you will have to tap on the screen to start the unlocking process.
– The phone will be available in two color variants i.e. white and space gray only.
– Super Retina Display will be there in iPhone X.
– Dolby Vision & HDR10
– Contrast Ratio of 1 Million to 1
– Neural Engine
– Dual-core design
– Super-fast real-time processing (600 Billion operations/sec)
Face ID for iPhone X
The face recognition system is in-built in version X of Apple’s phone to allow you unlock the device through face only. The TrueDepth Camera system is the foundation for Face ID feature of iPhone X, which is going to replace the Touch ID.
As this data is locally-saved, Apple will not be able to collect the face features of its customers. Also, the system is trained to differentiate between masks, photos and real faces. So, fooling the phone won’t be easy. It will detect your face correctly even if your hair style changes.
In dark, iPhone X uses the infrared camera to detect phone’s owner. The chances that someone can unlock your phone without your consent are 1 in a million, which is the half of touch ID being used.
Craig, however, had to use backup phone to demonstrate this feature as the first device failed at recognizing his face gesture.
A revolutionary step for the selfie-lovers!
It will allow you to blur the background, focusing more on the face.
Real Fun – Animoji
Now, you can control some emojis with your face. The animated emojis demonstrated in the Apple’s event were too cool and they use the same technology as the face detection mechanism.
Release Date and Price of iPhone X
It’s not so far, but still one and a half month later than the expected. You can buy the iPhone from 3 November. However, its cost is $999 (for 64GB Model), making it a pricey gadget. For the 256GB model, the users have to pay around $1149.
The next generation of the future decade is almost predictable, as announced in the Apple’s Event. But, there may be more updates which will be available to us after the final release, and, actual usability and interestingness of these gadgets can only be elaborated once used. So just wait for the launch of Apple’s future product range and witness what it brings to our lives. Fair enough?