PrairieGrit is an eCommerce marketplace selling over 40,000 antiques, vintage, and collectibles. The founder – Shawn Herrick has been an avid collector and longtime reseller on eBay. He wanted to launch his own Marketplace so that he can help other sellers to connect with the right buyers and help sellers make more money by eliminating the big pay cuts that go to other platforms from their earnings. He reached out to the Multidots team to help him make his vision a reality in limited time and budget.
- With their multiple multi-vendor plugins, PrairieGrit had complex WooCommerce customization needs that wouldn’t be solved by a readymade solutions.
- They had to rapidly deal with large amounts of data, all while maintaining a fast website speed.
- One of the biggest challenges was displaying and importing all products within a single category in one click, in addition to managing the third party shipping API.
- We provided complex customizations of their multi-vendor platform, all operating at an optimized performance level so that the site was fast and powerful.
- We established a robust database to handle their vast amounts of data and optimized the queries and set transients in order to speed up the import tool process.
- We implemented an adaptive PayPal payment gateway to facilitate dividing the shopping and product costs to different PayPal accounts.
- We applied table indexing and cached product search results in order to provide results more quickly.
- PrairieGrit benefited from significant business growth thanks to their fast, stable and function eCommerce store optimized by Multidots.
- Revenue was increased thanks to a 50% increase in vendor subscription plans sold and additional revenue was generated thanks to the seamless integration with eBay.
- Multidots became PrairieGrit’s chosen third party provider.
It’s not often you get to work with a partner who meets and exceeds your expectations. We had a rather specific need and knew that readymade solutions just wouldn’t cut it for us. Multidots worked closely with us to scope exactly the complex WooCommerce customization that we needed, and they provided the firepower to get the job done. They were easy to work with throughout the process and we were thrilled with the results. Multidots are, and will remain, our go-to partner for all our development needs.