Frequently Asked Questions
Our #wonderdots love open-source and WordPress. And we are proud that our team at Multidots consistently contributes to WordPress, WooCommerce, BuddyPress, and other open-source initiatives. This spirit of giving back not only makes us feel grateful but it also creates greatness within and around us.
- 89% of our team has contributed to core WordPress, WooCommerce, and BuddyPress releases.
- Multidots sponsors 7 contributors for a total of 28 hours per week for the “Five For The Future” initiative by WordPress.
- One of the lead organizers of do_action Ahmedabad – a hackathon to support non-profit organizations in the local community.
- Multidots is one of the lead organizers of the Ahmedabad WordCamp and Meetup group.
- We have sponsored several WordCamps around the world.
- Multidots team regularly attend and speak at global WordPress events.
Having a clear and detailed scope of work that should include: outline, key features, work-flow, wire-frames, and other key information is highly recommended. But don’t worry, we have a team of solution analysts who are trained experts to help you out with scope-of-work documents. You can hire them on an hourly basis to save your time.
The introduction/discovery meetings help us understand your business and needs. The better we know your business, the better we will be able to help. There are a few key things that we will ask during these discovery/introduction meetings and ask for you to have this information ready for the discovery meeting.
- About Business – Team size, competitors, locations of operations, customers, and market that you serve, number of media/web-properties that you own/manage, financial and operational KPIs, etc.
- About the Project/Idea/Problem – Scope of work document, tentative budget, launch/completion timeline, references/competitors
Yes, we offer white-label services with 100% confidentiality.
- 11+ years of experience in web development and WordPress development.
- One of the WordPress VIP Partner Agency.
- 80+ globally distributed team available around-the-clock.
- Experience working with a small startup to large enterprise brands and companies such as Accenture, MIT, Jumeirah, National Association of Broadcasters (NAB), and Sneaker News.
- Core contributor to WordPress and a variety of different open-source initiatives and events.
- Active and proud members of a variety of different industry associations and chambers of commerce.
Yes, we have a team based in California, Virginia, and Washington, DC area, and are available to talk at 646-586-5500.
We provide 1 to 3 months of free support based on the nature and size of the project. After free support, we have separate retainer and maintenance services that will cover ongoing hassle-free support and maintenance of your website.
- Introduction/Discovery Meeting: The first step is to have an initial introduction meeting on the phone/zoom to learn more about your business and project. Schedule a discovery meeting or submit the inquiry form here.
- Proposal Presentation: The Multidots team will present you with a proposal that includes our understanding of the problem (scope of work/scope of engagement), solution, cost, timeline, and other terms.
- Finalize the Contract: If you are happy and ready to move forward with Multidots, we will finalize the contract by signing a Master Service Agreement (MSA) and other on-boarding formalities.
Our project managers and account managers will be the direct point of contact. We have the availability of project managers in the USA and India.
The work-hours are Mon-Fri 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Time/Eastern Time for our team based in the USA. And Mon-Fri 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM Indian Standard Time for our team in India. We also provide support to your preferred time-zone.
Yes, we provide 3-hours free consultation with domain experts. You can utilize these free consulting hours to brainstorm your ideas/problems, refine the requirements, discuss the possible solutions and approaches. You can schedule the meeting with the domain expert here.
We accept wire transfer, Stripe, and PayPal from our global clients. For our clients based in the USA, we also accept checks and ACH as additional means of payment.
- Introduction/Discovery Meeting: The first step is to have an initial introduction meeting on phone/zoom to know more about your business and project.
- Proposal Presentation: Multidots team will present you a proposal that includes our understanding of the problem (scope of work/scope of engagement), solution, cost, time-line and other terms.
- Finalize the Contract: If you are happy and ready to engage with Multidots, we will formalize the contract by signing a Master Service Agreement (MSA) and other on-boarding formalities.
Enterprise grade WordPress solutions are built to deliver optimum performance and sport extremely dependable infrastructure empowered with cutting-edge functionality that can smoothly scale to meet the growing demands of large organizations.
If you want to build a large-scale website, WordPress VIP is your answer. It is a WordPress hosting platform whose categorical objective is to host enterprise websites. It’s the right choice for extremely high traffic websites and which demand the next level of performance and security.
Irrespective of where your content is at, we have the expertise to migrate it to WordPress. So, whether it is in a MySQL or Oracle database, or an exported file or any other location, we have the expertise to migrate all your existing content to WordPress.
Yes, WordPress can perfectly satisfy your enterprise needs as it’s a very stable and ever evolving CMS with a plethora of advanced plugins that you can choose from. What’s more, WordPress can easily integrate with numerous business-critical platforms including CRM and ERP systems and even marketing automation platforms.
Technical & Process
Screen Resolutions (Pixels)
375×667, 1024×768, 1,334×750, 768×1024, 1536×2048, 410×730, 1080×1920, 1440×2960, 1920×1080, 1920×1080
Google Chrome Version – 74.0.3729.131
Mozilla Firefox Version – 66.0.5EDGE – 42.17134.1.0
Google Chrome – 74.0.3729.131
Safari – 12.1 (14607.1.40.1.4)
80% of our team are WordPress experts. Being a WordPress VIP Agency partner, WordPress is a strength of our team. Many of our WordPress developers are core contributors to WordPress and speak at a variety of local and international WordCamps and WordPress based events and conferences.
- Kickoff & Project Plan – We divide the project into multiple milestones based on modules or sitemap pages and schedule the delivery milestone dates accordingly.
- Development Milestones – Development team will code based on the milestone feature list.
- QA Milestones – QA team will perform the quality testing for each development milestones before the client demo.
- Client Demo – The project team will arrange a milestone demo to showcase all the features under each milestone with the client.
- Final CAT with client team – When all the milestones are done, the project team will provide a staging copy for Client Acceptance Testing (CAT).
- Pre-Launch checklist – After the completion of the CAT, we will set a launch date and perform a pre-launch checklist.
- Post-Launch checklist – Once the website is live, our team will perform the post-launch checklist.
Every project we deliver has to pass through our security checklist. During the security testing we make sure the following things apply:
- Using the latest version of WordPress core and plugins.
- We do data escaping to prevent cross-site scripting.
- Data sanitization and validation to prevent CSRF and SQL injections.
- We strictly comply with coding standards such as PHP_CodeSniffer, WordPress-VIP-Minimum.
- We utilize security plugins like WordFence & JetPack to protect websites from DDoS and malware attacks.
- Apart from that, we have several other rules and standards like changing wp-admin URL, limiting the admin login attempts, implement two-factor authentication for admin, using strong passwords, using SSL, etc.
Yes, for the majority of the projects we create, we follow the Bootstrap Framework if the design files are compatible. If not, we will do custom development to avoid unnecessary CSS overloading.
Yes, 50% of our team has experience working with Angular and React. We have good expertise with the New Gutenberg Block Editor, which is built on top of React. Many projects we have been doing for clients over the course of the past several months have required us to build custom blocks for Gutenberg based on our client’s specific needs.
We use Github Private repositories to manage code. On Github, we follow the standard branch structure as follows:
- Master for production
- Development for staging
- feature-<feature name> for each unique feature
- hotfix-<bug/fix name> for each quick fix
We have a robust process for verifying project requirements, which also includes design specifications. We have the entire team involved from the project kickoff meeting, including Front-End Developers and QA. Before delivering to a client, we run internal-UAT, where our QA team checks each aspect of the design specification. With multiple rounds of internal testing and the attention to detail, we can ensure design fidelity.
To ensure code quality, we follow many different standards for quality and performance.
- W3C Validation with CSS Lint for HTML & CSS code
- We extensively use PHPStorm IDE with code check integrations. Besides, we have our GitHub repos, integrated with Travis for pre-hook commit check with PHPCS
Yes, we do have an in-house QA team (of 12 QA engineers) who focus on project quality. To test the design with exact pixels, we take the help of our experienced QA, who has a keen design eye. Also, we use online tools like “PerfectPixel” Google Chrome addon, BrowserStack for browser compatibility, online tools like CSSPrecise, and https://zeplin.io/. Often, we allocate one of our design team members to review the final webpage.
Yes, we source the developers to your location/on-site. Contact our sales team or account manager to discuss the details.
We provide an account manager in our staff-augmentation model. They will assist you for any operation, escalation, and any other aspect of the contract. Our account managers are available in the USA and India currently.
Yes, you can communicate and provide instructions directly to each developer. The developers will be available on slack, zoom, and email.
Yes, you can hire as low as one developer and as many as you want.
- Our hire a developer model is 100% white-label
- We provide (3-4) hours developer availability in your preferred time-zone
- You will be able to directly communicate with the developers on Slack, Zoom, or email on a daily basis
- There will be a one-week free induction time to get the selected developers familiar with your process and culture
- We also offer a one-month trial, and due to any reason, if you are not happy with the developers assigned to you, then we do a free replacement, If you are not satisfied with the replacement, we give a full refund
- We have USA based account managers for easy communication and coordination
We have a fairly open and straightforward selection process where you have total control in the process.
- You will get CV’s of developers that match the description
- You can do a quick-assessment interview, code interview, and other types of interviews that you would like to conduct
- Once you find the developers you want to hire, you will get a one-week free induction period so the developers can get familiar with your business and processes.
Our WordPress certified developers work closely together with the WordPress VIP’s engineering team, which strictly audits the codes. This enables us to maintain and improve code quality day by day. Our developers also contribute regularly to WordPress releases. To ensure code quality, we follow coding standards for each technology:
- PHP_CodeSniffer for PHP code
- WordPress-VIP-Minimum for WordPress code
- W3C Validation with CSS Lint for HTML & CSS code
- WordPress Coding Standard
- We extensively use PHPStorm IDE with code check integrations. Besides, we have our GitHub repos integrated with Travis for pre-hook commit check with PHPCS
- Level 1 (L1) – Up to 2 years of experience.
- Level 2 (L2) – Up to 4 years of experience.
- Level 3 (L3) – Up to 6 years experience.
- Level 4 (L4) – 6+ years of experience and ability to do customer support, documentation, front-end, back-end, and QA tasks.
Yes, based on your needs, we can make our developers available in your preferred time-zone.
After the free one month trial period, we ask for a minimum commitment of 3 months from you.