Wonderwall.com is the one-stop destination for all kinds of entertainment and celebrity news. They interview celebrities, highlight new talent, cover breaking news across the entertainment industry, and give the low-down on fashion, music, red carpet events, junkets, and more. Wonderwall.com needed a solution to enhance the efficiency of their news-editorial workflow. They also wanted a much better UI for media management.
The Multidots engineering team understood the client’s problems and came up with a solution that perfected not only the process for the editorial team but also the UI.
We created a usability-focused backend interface to achieve a seamless workflow. We then migrated the website to WordPress, where the Wonderwall.com team is maximizing the potential of the Gutenberg editor to streamline publishing. We also integrated advanced media management capabilities, built with REACT JS that resulted in faster media management.
- Wonderwall.com is one of Whalerock’s fundamental digital media properties and is more than a decade old.
- Wonderwall.com has approximately one million+ media items and 74,068 articles, including 2.741 million visits between November 2019 and January 2020. The site has around 913,892 monthly visitors.
- The site was originally built with Django. But the limitation of the framework meant the more affluent the content and media, the more difficult it was to edit all content and manage it properly.
- Wonderwall.com was looking for an advanced, capability-rich content management system.
- Their enterprise needs meant they were also looking for an enterprise-level hosting partner for better performance, security, and website stability.
- Migrating one million+ media items was their priority. For better media management, their editorial team needed a more usability-centric interface.
- We suggested a far better CMS than Django and migrated Wonderwall.com to WordPress.
- A data-driven enterprise-class website needs a cutting-edge hosting platform; we migrated their hosting to WordPress VIP.
- Migrated almost one million+ media and 74,068 articles using a command-line interface.
- We implemented Gutenberg Blocks for an enhanced editing experience for their media-rich pages and posts.
- We built a custom interface for WP Media using REACT JS for faster search and accelerated media management.
- A much improved and advanced editorial workflow and content creation experience.
- Faster media management.
- Enhanced site speed with better security.