To succeed in business today, operations are increasingly digital. From interactive websites, eCommerce, customer-facing applications, and online marketing strategies, businesses are quickly implementing new, automated, digital technologies.
When it comes to how your business operates, there are a growing number of ways to step up your technological game and stay ahead of the curve. Adopting an enterprise mobility solution is one such way to bring your business to the forefront of modern technology, and it comes with a wealth of attractive advantages that any business can benefit from.
What Is Enterprise Mobility?
Enterprise mobility allows organizations to use technology to create a remote workforce. Corporate data is transferred via mobile applications to allow access at any time, in any place, giving your business the ability to operate outside of a traditional office environment.
Enterprise mobility is growing rapidly as the business landscape changes. No longer are employees spending all of their time in a central office environment. While this is still the way many companies operate, there is a surge in the number of corporations who are challenging this norm with a rise in the remote workforce.
Many industries, like construction or other skilled trades, have always operated off-site, while others, like retail, accounting, or marketing are newer to the concept of working remotely. As a result, data and application usage, access, and storage are no longer limited to the office.
Enterprise mobility changes the way businesses operate by providing mobile solutions for taking corporate data and applications to the streets via technological networks. People within the organization and their processes are now enabled through wireless, mobile solutions.
If your business is just getting started with enterprise mobility solutions or your current systems aren’t working to your advantage, it’s time to make some changes to how your organization operates. Let’s explore enterprise mobility, the solutions that are available to you, and how to make the most out of emerging technology for your business’ advantage.
Who Needs Enterprise Mobility?
Enterprise mobility solutions are available for businesses of all sizes and across every sector. Many businesses have long been operating offsite, but haven’t had strategies in place to do so efficiently.
Let’s look at architecture as an example or an industry that can benefit from enterprise mobility. The standard practice has been to come on site with paper plans and pencil in hand. Once back in the office, changes to building specs are input into architectural CAD software, which would then generate another set of paper renderings to work from.
With an enterprise mobility solution, architects can complete the same tasks via smartphone, laptop, or tablet. Measurements and modifications can be input instantly and new plans are available immediately. This allows architects to remain competitive, agile, and stand apart from competitors who still operate in a traditional manner.
These advantages don’t come without strategic planning, however. Without the right enterprise mobility development team operating behind the scenes, this type of technological advancement wouldn’t be possible.
Architecture is only one example out of thousands. When organizations in any industry team up with mobile technology experts, exciting changes to that field are possible. If you’re uncertain as to whether your business requires a mobile business solution, consider these statistics from the 2018 Digital Transformation Online Summit, as reported by the
- 82% of executives believe that mobile is the face of digital transformation.
- 80% of executives say workers cannot do their jobs without smartphones.
- 70% of access to enterprise systems will occur by the mobile device by 2020.
- 62% of employees delay completing tasks that require logging into multiple systems.
These statistics paint a picture of an ever-growing mobile business landscape, where companies increasingly rely on mobile infrastructure. The key takeaway? If you’re not shifting to a mobile-first mentality, you’re going to get left behind.
Benefits Of Enterprise Mobility
As companies take their businesses offsite, a world of possibilities opens up. Customer experience improves, productivity is increased, and expansion and growth are expedited. All this, plus enterprise mobility solutions help businesses stay current among a sea of competitors as consumer demands for mobility increase.
There are many benefits to changing the way an organization operates and moving from a traditional model to a more dynamic, mobile method of doing business. Some of the most significant benefits of enterprise mobility include:
1. Increased Productivity
- Without the need to wait until an employee is on-site to make updates, fill out time sheets, get approvals or sign-offs from executives, or submit work for review, it’s only natural that their productivity will grow.
- The more abilities a mobile solution affords a company’s employees, the less time they are required to spend in an on-site office environment. With a reduced need for back and forth travel, employees can spend more time on value-add activities and less time on in-office processes.
2. Greater Growth Potential
- Mobile solutions allow businesses to save time and money spent on operating under a traditional office model.
- With enterprise mobility solutions on your side, your business can reach more customers and improve value proposition in a streamlined, efficient manner.
3. More Efficient Allocation of Resources
- With more time available to spend on doing their jobs and less time spent on chasing paper and in-person interactions, companies can re-distribute tasks more effectively among a smaller group of people.
- This may mean that your organization can condense your group of employees, even while growing your business.
4. Reduced Costs
- In keeping with the points above, it’s easy to see how a mobile model can save businesses time, and therefore money.
- You may be able to reduce rent costs by having more remote employees, reduce costs spent on health benefits by employing more contractors rather than permanent on-site employees, and you’ll be able to take advantage of the fact that your employees can do more work in a shorter period of time, potentially reducing the number of employees needed.
- Eliminating paper is another significant benefit of enterprise mobility that can save your organization money and promote a more sustainable way of doing business.
5. Fewer Errors
- Manual data entry leaves room for a host of errors, while mobile inputs can significantly reduce these costly errors. For example, employees can use a mobile application to input hours worked, and the right solution can safeguard against entering incorrect information that falls outside of certain parameters. This type of application also makes it easier for supervisors to give approvals with a smaller margin for error.
Possible Roadblocks in Enterprise Mobility
Like any business solution, there are certain pitfalls that are part of the package. When it comes to enterprise mobility, some of the potential roadblocks include:
Security issues with Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) enterprise management solutions
- Outdated devices or employees using older versions of mobile applications
- Less uniformity among employees using their own devices
- Downtime resulting from technological glitches or disruptions to wireless connections
- High initial costs in establishing a custom enterprise mobility solution
- Less face-to-face employee interactions can lead to unique challenges in maintaining company culture
Working with an Enterprise Mobility Development Group
While there are some potential disadvantages to enterprise mobility in the workplace, they can be mitigated. If your business is ready to shift into a mobile enterprise solution, or you want to make changes to a current system that’s not working for you, it’s time to bring the experts on board.
It’s important to carefully consider the group that you work with in building your enterprise mobility strategy to ensure that your business is safeguarded against any challenges.
Multidots offers the expertise to create a mobile application strategy that will unleash your business’ fullest potential. Through our knowledge of Application Integration and MVP The development we can transform your business from operating on a traditional model to one that’s more dynamic, agile, and efficient than ever before. Empowering your team members and customers with a deeper digital presence means thinking in new ways and investing in new technology. Get in touch with our team and allow us to assist you in developing an optimal mobility strategy for your business’ needs.